Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Quick Update

Last post was a bit of a downer, but here's just a quick update to say that I think all is well. I found some good cotton fabric to replace the shiny fabric that was giving me trouble, and I'm really pleased with the color. Here's how it compares with the shiny fabric.



I've taken out the seams of one section of the shiny fabric, leaving a space with just the batting and backing.



I sewed one side of a new strip of fabric by machine, but because of the quilting in other areas, I wasn't able to sew the other edge by machine, so I hand sewed it as well as the top edge. 




It's going to take some time to finish the remaining nine sections, but it isn't difficult. I have some other things to do this week, but I'm hoping to finish this sometime next week.

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social. The buttons are on the right.

I hope you're having a quilty good week.

2 comments:

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I recently bought myself a new seam ripper because I accidently left t at home and I can definitely tell that my old one was no longer sharp. Thanks for talking about listening to your inner voice. I'm working on a postage stamp quilt with 1.5" pieces and sewed in a very thin but lovely square from a friend and heard my inner voice but disregarded it. I think I'll go rip out that piece and replace it with a stronger piece. Karen at Tu-Na Quilts

Kaja said...

You found a great match for the original fabric. I admire your cheerful attitude; I would be really grumpy having to rip out and replace.