Thursday, February 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday--Wedding Gift

Continuing my Thursday habit of showing a quilt I made pre-blogging, here is one I made in the spring of 2003 as a wedding present for my nephew and his wife. 




I remember much more about the beautiful wedding and our adventures getting there and back home again than I do about the quilt. The wedding was in April at the top of a mountain in eastern Pennsylvania on a chilly, fogged-in day. (It's a good thing it wasn't an outdoor affair.) And by the end of the weekend, a huge snow storm was predicted for back home in the Midwest. Rather than taking our time (it was the beginning of my spring break from work), we drove straight home late into the night, getting there just before the storm hit. (Forgive me. I digress. Snow on the brain lately.)

Anyway, back to the quilt. I can't find any notes about it in my files (ahem, random folders), and I don't remember whether I found the pattern somewhere or designed it myself. I'm guessing that it's about 30 inches squarish give or take a couple of inches. I pieced it on my Singer featherweight and quilted it by hand with my own signature (at the time) vine design. The batting is polyester. I chose the colors to complement a taupe decorating scheme. They're somewhat richer than in the picture, which looks like it was taken on a cold, dark day. Must have been some spring, huh? .

My nephew and his wife now have four cute little kiddies, all of whom have quilts I've shown in previous Throwback Thursday blog posts. 

I'm linking up today with My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday. Have a good weekend, and if you live in my part of the world, stay warm. 

No comments: